SwordSearcher Bible Software wins SIAF People?s Choice Awards 2007

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
From our press release today:
The Shareware Industry Awards Foundation (SIAF) announced on July 14, 2007 at the Software Industry Conference in Denver, CO, that SwordSearcher Bible Software won the People’s Choice Award for the Hobby and Personal Interest category.​

The SAIF People’s Choice Awards are held annually at the Software Industry Conference and are voted on by thousands of people in the general public in over 80 different countries.​

“We are quite excited about this award,” said Brandon Staggs, developer of SwordSearcher and owner of StudyLamp Software. “The People’s Choice Awards are voted on by computer users across the entire globe, and because of this, it is an exceptional honor to receive this award. It’s great to see Bible study software represented among the winners, especially as a winner in such a broad category. We’re pleased to be counted with companies like Adobe and Microsoft, who have also won People’s Choice Awards.”​
The SAIF People's Choice Awards list is here:
http://www.siavoting.com/pcwinners.php

(As of this writing, the 2007 awards aren't listed yet, but I imagine they will be there soon.)

I'd like to mention that at no time did I send anyone to the SIAF voting pages. They're handled by large internet download sites like Tucows and CNet. I was stunned when I was told I won the award. I didn't even vote for it myself! This makes the award all the more an honor.

I'd like to thank all the users who voted for SwordSearcher!

Here's the award plaque:

SIAF2007-300x365.jpg

Congratulations Brandon. A well deserved honor for you.
May God continue to bless this wonderful ministry of yours.

CONGRATULATIONS, Brandon!!! Wahoooooo! ?Muchisimo Felicitaciones! :D

Bravo!! I did not know that there was a vote going on but if I had you would have had mine! Congrats and well deserved Mr. Staggs.

Danny

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Brandon your software certainly deserves this and so much more. May God continue to pour out His blessings on you and your family.

All the best in the future!!

Ruthlyn

Praise the Lord! That's great.

It's wonderful to be a little part of the family!

I'm sure you'll use this to promote the product as you should, but I also hope you'll consider adding the press release to the next version's help file. Just a thought.

Again, great news & my blessings to you.

Praise the Lord! Maybe that honor will cause someone to download SwordSearcher and search the Scriptures themselves!

The SAIF People's Choice Awards list is here:
http://www.siavoting.com/pcwinners.php

(As of this writing, the 2007 awards aren't listed yet, but I imagine they will be there soon.)

The awards are listed now. You appear to be in some pretty good company, including past winners in your category.

AND interestingly enough, SS seems to be the only Bible program on the list in the many years listed. Or did I miss one?

Telling!

And a blessing!

AND interestingly enough, SS seems to be the only Bible program on the list in the many years listed. Or did I miss one?

As far as I know, it's the first time Bible software of any kind has received the award.

Back