SwordSearcher on Mac with Parrells

Risen

So, I've been using SwordSearcher for three years now. It's taken my Scripture study to places I never thought I could go. With it only being on Windows, I stuck to Windows laptops. Then when the pandemic hit, my nephew needed a good computer to stream as he was learning online. When looking to get another PC, everything was sold out or priced too high. I ended up going with a Mac mini and was blown away by the performance. I tried other Bible apps and software for Mac but felt they were all either bloated with tools or missing things. Getting a new MacBook Pro, I finally tried Parrells and man, everything great in one. Parrells has made the setup process super easy as well! It's pricey for sure and ultimately a luxury, but if you can manage it, I'd recommend it.

I run SwordSearcher on a Mac running VirtualBox (free) and have been for years. Works great! But it has a learning curve and it not "out of the box" easy to set up like Parallels is. I think Parallels is the way to go, and probably if I were starting over, I'd either stay with Windows or use Parallels. Happy, though, not to be shelling out money for a virtual machine.

I run SwordSearcher on a Mac running VirtualBox (free) and have been for years. Works great! But it has a learning curve and it not "out of the box" easy to set up like Parallels is. I think Parallels is the way to go, and probably if I were starting over, I'd either stay with Windows or use Parallels. Happy, though, not to be shelling out money for a virtual machine.
Yeah, even harder with the new chipsets. The macs with the intel chips make making a virtual machine easier.

Back