This is going to be a dumb question...

RevTim

Beta Tester
...or at least I'm going to feel dumb asking it, given how long I have enjoyed using SS: can you set up a parrallel view of Bibles in the Bible window? So if you wanted to see how two or three versions read side by side, can that be done? I thought it could, but I've been looking over the prefereces and the program and the help guide, and I don't see it.

I suppose I could do this via cloned panels, but I would like to be able to do in within the Bible window. You have something not quite similar but akin to that now, in the KJVSL & KVJ-TSK tabs. Or is that a stretch?

If this is not possible now, is it something which could be added to a future wish list? Or is it too hard to incorporate? (And I mean no disrespect of your skills, Brandon, but I'm guessing there may be some things you have chosen not to do due to some issue of complexity vs value it adds.)

There it is......
Thats what I use.....
SS8.4 sbys.JPG

BRANDON - You should promote this as a tool for missionaries who are trying to learn another language, since you have many foreign language Bibles, and they can be set up with the King James, to aid in their learning, preaching, etc.... Of course, I'm probably late to that party too...

The user manual describes this capability under the Bible Panel section, subsection "Setting a compare version."

The user manual describes this capability under the Bible Panel section, subsection "Setting a compare version."

Yeah, I just forgot. But this could be a great feature to talk up to prospective missionaries - in case you haven't.

That is the only way my Bible Panel looks - side-by-side comparing foreign and English. However, I do wish I could sometimes see 3 or 4 versions at once. But generally it's no biggie to just switch around to compare.

That is the only way my Bible Panel looks - side-by-side comparing foreign and English. However, I do wish I could sometimes see 3 or 4 versions at once. But generally it's no biggie to just switch around to compare.
You could probably open up cloned Bible panels. I generally don't have a reason to have anything but the KJV open, but that would probably work too. If you have only screen it might be tricky to do, but quite possible.

You could probably open up cloned Bible panels. I generally don't have a reason to have anything but the KJV open, but that would probably work too. If you have only screen it might be tricky to do, but quite possible.
I hadn't thought of that. Good idea.

Back