verse parsing

wsbones

Beta Tester
Roman numerals :(

I was surprised while editing a topic about the apostles that the phrase, which 12, was parsed as 1Ch 12, especially since it was in the middle of a word.

I thought about adding ich to the list of expressions not to be recognized as a verse in the editor under the File menu, but it is very unlikely to ever happen.

It could also happen with "ith" as part of a word (like with) if followed by a number.

I'll look into adding a word break check before the roman numeral to eliminate the false-positive.

In the meantime, you could disable roman numeral parsing. While editing go to the file menu, select Configure Verse Reference Recognition, and un-check the roman numeral option.

2018-03-28_10-50-00.png

It's not a problem. I was surprised. Also after adding in ich to the list not to be parsed, I removed it again. I could no longer produce the issue. I exited and came back into SS. I also created a new topic and tried typing, Which 12? at the beginning of the line and couldn't recreate the problem. It might be operator error on my part.

It's not a problem. I was surprised. Also after adding in ich to the list not to be parsed, I removed it again. I could no longer produce the issue. I exited and came back into SS. I also created a new topic and tried typing, Which 12? at the beginning of the line and couldn't recreate the problem. It might be operator error on my part.

I actually haven't tested it yet. Your report was a surprise (I didn't think it should mark that as a verse link) -- but regardless, I will double-check this in code. Thanks!

Back