Noah Webster's Bible

jerrybouey

Is there a module for Noah Webster's 1833 Bible? I remember having it as part of Swordsearcher way back when (before my computer died like 10 or more years ago). It may be a third party module. If there is one, can you please provide a link?

Is there a module for Noah Webster's 1833 Bible? I remember having it as part of Swordsearcher way back when (before my computer died like 10 or more years ago). It may be a third party module. If there is one, can you please provide a link?
I also would love to get it as a module....
KINDLE is available, BUT, module in SS9 would be the bomb !

Thank you. But I am looking for his Bible translation (which I used to have in Swordsearcher 10-15 years ago), not a Webster's Dictionary.

Thank you. But I am looking for his Bible translation (which I used to have in Swordsearcher 10-15 years ago), not a Webster's Dictionary.
I don't recall it being available for SwordSearcher before. Perhaps it was a user-created Bible module. I don't have it.

Perhaps. I don't do much in the way of comparisons between Bibles (except for research to show what is wrong with modern versions), but that is one version I appreciated because of Webster's definitions. Well, maybe someone reading this will have it or know where I can download it again. If not, at least it was worth a shot.

I was just double checking another Bible program I have on my phone, and it has Webster's Bible in it. I haven't used that program for years, because it is not very user friendly - I have a lot of resources purchased and downloaded through it though so I still keep it on my phone. Maybe this is where I accessed this particular Bible version, though I could have sworn I used it on my computer in the past. Sorry for any confusion if I mixed up where I was originally using it.

On another note, how easy or hard would it be for me to make a module of it? Can anyone verify the copyright status of it?

At the bottom of the txt file it says "copyright wisebeliever.com 2019". The epub has links to chapters. It doesn't look like it would be easily converted to SS at first glance.

Here's an interesting side-by-side comparison of the SS KJV Bible with the Webster's 1833 Bible showing all the differences. It's in the form of an HTML file so you can read it by opening it your browser. Download and unzip the contents to your drive. Double-click on the HTM file. The zip file is about 2 mb and the htm file is about 22 mb. The red line was the first difference. The white lines are the same in each Bible. The tan lines have one or more differences show with gray highlight.

Back