Bible Mapper Software - David P. Barrett

Pastor Langley

Brandon,
Would you take a look and let me know if this is something you like, use, know of, etc.
Man to use this along side or with SwordSearcher for my first look is really cool.

Bible Mapper 5 - paid
Bible Mapper 3 - free
Found it last year, it seems so far very useful
CamperDave

No, I don't know anything about it.

Ok thank you.

Here is an alternative that may interest some users.

Map Creator by fmosoft.com

The user can change the labels and create his/her own map. And one can do it in languages besides English. For me, this is a wonderful tool.

The biggest feature: absolute control of the content by the user, not by the creators of the app.

Next biggest feature: usability in non-English languages.

And, with this app, one is not stuck with someone else's opinion about locations, but can do his/her best to reconcile the text of the Bible with the geography of planet earth. (Aside: I'm always alert to what maps show as the route or possible routes of the exodus from Egypt. It would be off topic to delve into that further, but that is something to look out for when using maps.)

For the curious: I am pretty sure this app was created by folks who work(ed) for New Tribes Mission, which is now Ethnos 360. However, I do not see any connection between fmosoft.com and Ethnos 360. My comment here is not an endorsement of either organization. I do recommend this software, though.

Thanks Eric, downloading now. It looks a little like the one I mentioned. This one was Bible specific, is the one you are speaking of for everything?

OK got it, it is for both but yes Bible orientated as well. Good source. Thank you. The Forum works as usual. Now do I use seperately or can I do a cross platform for SwordSearcher. WE always make things hard don't we. Ha! I will play away later on.

OK got it, it is for both but yes Bible orientated as well. Good source. Thank you. The Forum works as usual. Now do I use seperately or can I do a cross platform for SwordSearcher. WE always make things hard don't we. Ha! I will play away later on.
There will be no integration with SwordSearcher. However, you can make maps and then save them in .jpg format and use them in user modules.

Back