Help on User Created Commentary Modules

You're looking for a file that ends with ".ss5cmty" - probably "Langly.ss5cmty"

Ok, in File Explorer, back up to Documents. Then on the upper right corner of the screen where it says "search", enter .ss5cmty and let's see what comes up.

Do you see langly.ss5cmty in the list?

Looks like you're back in OneDrive.

It wouldn't help. You have too many copies of that file already. I'm trying to think how to isolate the Commentary so it will load properly.

I've moved this conversation to the Conversation area...

There's a lot going on here, but it looks to me like it comes down to having multiple copies of your user modules in multiple folders that are being used for module file locations. SwordSearcher wouldn't do this itself, it looks like extra copies were made at some point...

The key is that SwordSearcher user-created modules belong on your user documents folder under SwordSearcher User Modules. This is where they would be created normally. You should not copy them to other locations, especially not under Program Files. If you are specifically moving them to another location you can do that if you have a plan, such as moving them to a OneDrive folder, but I wouldn't recommend that for most users.

You should also not copy modules from the SwordSearcher program files folder into the user modules directory, which appears to have been done at some point based on your screen shots, which shows all of the official library modules in your user folder in another sub-folder.

This section of the help file is relevant:

As is this:

Also, you can right-click any library tab and choose the information item to know exactly where SwordSearcher loaded it from.

1635949900144.png

1635949945592.png

If you have a user module that is not editable this window will also tell you why it can't be edited. If you copied your user modules to a location like Program Files, they cannot be edited because that is a read-only location.

This is an awesome "refresher" procedures.... Amen !

There's a lot going on here, but it looks to me like it comes down to having multiple copies of your user modules in multiple folders that are being used for module file locations. SwordSearcher wouldn't do this itself, it looks like extra copies were made at some point...

The key is that SwordSearcher user-created modules belong on your user documents folder under SwordSearcher User Modules. This is where they would be created normally. You should not copy them to other locations, especially not under Program Files. If you are specifically moving them to another location you can do that if you have a plan, such as moving them to a OneDrive folder, but I wouldn't recommend that for most users.

You should also not copy modules from the SwordSearcher program files folder into the user modules directory, which appears to have been done at some point based on your screen shots, which shows all of the official library modules in your user folder in another sub-folder.

This section of the help file is relevant:

As is this:

Also, you can right-click any library tab and choose the information item to know exactly where SwordSearcher loaded it from.

View attachment 1799

View attachment 1800

If you have a user module that is not editable this window will also tell you why it can't be edited. If you copied your user modules to a location like Program Files, they cannot be edited because that is a read-only location.
Thanks a Million.. I have it all done all working and Much more understanding of folder locations. I do not use the documents folder in OneDrive any longer. I see where I guess you could say, You and the others """ let me see the ERRORS of my way"". Thanks again so much. My last project is getting JVM audio working in SS.
There are no errors selection, I am guessing that when "no errors" it does not load... Curious.

There are no errors selection, I am guessing that when "no errors" it does not load... Curious.
Yes, if the Help menu doesn't have a "module load error log" item, there were no errors logged during startup.

Bro. Langley, you've already recieved alot of help with this issue. However, just in case, may I share some Screen-Snapshots for you that may help. I've included these snap-shots in the order that you would need to follow. If your issue is simply needing to reobtain your ability to 'EDIT' your own Commentary, then making sure that your Commentary 'Margin' Link is available in your Bible Panel may be the solution. I'm only trying to be of assistance. Here goes. Follow the seven snap-shots in their correct order. This will ensure that your 'EDIT...COMMENTARY' link will appear in the Bible Margin Panel.
1of7.png
2of7.png
3of7.png
4of7.png
5of7.png
6of7.png
7of7.png

Bro. Langley, you've already recieved alot of help with this issue. However, just in case, may I share some Screen-Snapshots for you that may help. I've included these snap-shots in the order that you would need to follow. If your issue is simply needing to reobtain your ability to 'EDIT' your own Commentary, then making sure that your Commentary 'Margin' Link is available in your Bible Panel may be the solution. I'm only trying to be of assistance. Here goes. Follow the seven snap-shots in their correct order. This will ensure that your 'EDIT...COMMENTARY' link will appear in the Bible Margin Panel.
View attachment 1804View attachment 1805View attachment 1806View attachment 1807View attachment 1808View attachment 1809View attachment 1810
Thank you! That looks like something that would benefit early on. At this point it seems that Brandon and the others, Tr21, wishbones have got me back on track. Nonetheless it was appreciated you sending pics, Thank You.
I do have one question for you since it seems that your pics and mine differ. On the pop-out window for User (Module Sets) you have (above pic yours) Controls Visible Tabs ""unchecked"" on mine it is checked.
Now all seems fine but I noticed that after you sent these pics I have a missing module. Here are the pics.
editable modules.jpg
editable  only 7.jpg
Module Sets.jpg
SS Folders.jpg

t is due to the placement of these files ON MY PART I am sure after this post. seems a small issue. I think I can get it fixed on my own. The help to do so is much appreciated from all.

Don’t stop, I am grateful for any instruction. Thank you.

(7) editable modules working. The numbers don't match as you can see from the pics above.
It shows that I have 8 selected user modules. When I open SS and actually count shows 7.
Books & Dictionaries - 5 these are in question, missing is - Notes for Books of The Bible [_BkNotes]
Commentaries - 2 these seem ok
I will work on this after today.
Thank you for all the help folks I am almost there.

Thank you! That looks like something that would benefit early on. At this point it seems that Brandon and the others, Tr21, wishbones have got me back on track. Nonetheless it was appreciated you sending pics, Thank You.
I do have one question for you since it seems that your pics and mine differ. On the pop-out window for User (Module Sets) you have (above pic yours) Controls Visible Tabs ""unchecked"" on mine it is checked.
Now all seems fine but I noticed that after you sent these pics I have a missing module. Here are the pics.
View attachment 1811View attachment 1812View attachment 1813View attachment 1814
Yes Sir I keep the "Control Visible Tabs" unchecked. However, I can't remember why. Lol. It just works for me. Your BkNotes file may not be incorporated into your Module File Locations properly. Try making sure that the BkNotes Folder icon exists within your 'SwordSearcher User Modules' and the actual BkNotes SS file itself. This may fix your issue.

Thank you will do! Out of town few days will apply asap on return. Thanks again.🙏

Back