User-submitted J. Vernon McGee Audio File Journal 1.1
A calendar linked to audio files

No permission to download

wsbones

Beta Tester
wsbones submitted a new module:

J. Vernon McGee Audio File Journal - A calendar linked to audio files

View attachment 1580

Download and unzip the module to your SwordSearcher User Directory.

This module is in the form of a calendar like a journal. When you click on a date, it opens the J. Vernon McGee audio file for that date. You can also take notes in the module, if desired, using the dropdown control by selecting the topic for that date.

View attachment 1581

The J. Vernon McGee audio files can be downloaded for free. These are not supplied with the...

Read more about this module...

Hello Sir.
I did download everything at the right place....
How do I get to "hear" the audio?
thanks.
And I just find out also my module SMEA, with spurgeon , also I cannot hear it... mmffff!?!?!/

Do you have an audio player associated with MP3 files? They should just start playing if so. You can go to windows settings and type default apps. Choose a music player. If you can't find one, go to the app store and install one.
1614040347260.png

Go to the c:\jvma directory and double click on a file. If it plays, then it should work from the calendar links.

OK...STBY... got my SMEA working perfecly. (I did get a new PC, so few oopsy are happening.)
BRB

It does play when i double click the file, but NOT from the calendar....

ok, i do not find jvma directory.
would it be in my SS files?
i have jvma-assets.

here where I am... OT Full is the file, when I click on a track, indeed it works, but not from the calendar.

here where I am... OT Full is the file, when I click on a track, indeed it works, but not from the calendar.
did you unzip the contents of the OT and NT zip files into the directory. Once you unzip them you should see 351 files with the mp3 extension. It sound like the are clicking on them inside of the zip file.

yes i did, ... OT Full contain all each file
and NT Full contain all each files.
when i click on a single file it does work, but NOT from the calendar...

do i have to copy all them audio files and paste them somewhere?

All the files are showing the way you describe in your instructions.
But the calendar does not link to the media player.
Each of the them audio work from the file double click.

Do you still have the zip files in that directory? If so, move them somewhere else and see if you still see 351 files in the c:\jvmg directory.

Did you actually extract all the files because windows will open a zip file and show you the contents and it will look like a normal directory, but the links in the calendar are looking for the .mp3 files to be in the directory, not inside of a zip file. If you double click a file inside of a zip file it will open the media player, but the calendar link will not find it.

Do I create c\jvmg directory ? for I do not see that file...

Do I create c\jvmg directory ? for I do not see that file...
Yes. Make a directory called c:\jvma and put the contents of both zip files into that directory. Each zip file contains mp3 audio files. They have to be unzipped or extracted to the c:\jvma directory.

In the root directory c:\ right click and make a new folder called jvma

1614088009308.png

OK... listen up Sir... 🤣Lollll.🤣
I am so feeling dumb at this point.
Your procedures worked A1 of course.
Thank you SO SO SO much for your assistance.
Many times I do laugh at meself for being so "stunted"! ! ! !
ALLLLLLL is working so nice.
Thank You, and Be Blessed.
😁

OK... listen up Sir... 🤣Lollll.🤣
I am so feeling dumb at this point.
Your procedures worked A1 of course.
Thank you SO SO SO much for your assistance.
Many times I do laugh at meself for being so "stunted"! ! ! !
ALLLLLLL is working so nice.
Thank You, and Be Blessed.
😁
Others are probably having the same issue.
Now they know how to fix it, thanks to you.
Besides, nobody knows everything,
but a few think they do.

Poetic, right.

Here's an alternative to try. Unzip the attached zip file to the SwordSearcher User Module directory. It will create a module called JVMAlt and a folder called jvmalt-assets. The only thing in the assets folder is the cal.gif file.

It will use the same audio files located in c:\jvma. The difference is when you click a date, it will go to the topic where you can launch the audio file and take notes for that lesson. You can also bookmark the topic so you know where you left off.

Use whichever one you like best. 🤔

Bill

Attachments

• JVMAlt.zip
    143.2 KB · Views: 260
Back