Module icon

User-submitted J. Vernon McGee Audio File Journal 1.1
A calendar linked to audio files

No permission to download
Here's an alternative to try. Unzip the attached zip file to the SwordSearcher User Module directory. It will create a module called JVMAlt and a folder called jvmalt-assets. The only thing in the assets folder is the cal.gif file.

It will use the same audio files located in c:\jvma. The difference is when you click a date, it will go to the topic where you can launch the audio file and take notes for that lesson. You can also bookmark the topic so you know where you left off.

Use whichever one you like best. 🤔

Bill
Oooooooooh..... I love this one..... !!!!!
Thanks.

Hello. I would like to go into this calendar and change where the audio files are stored. Is this possible? Can it be done with Forge or some other HTML editor? I would like to store the audio files on an SD card and free up the 4.5 GB that the audio files take up on my C drive....

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello. I would like to go into this calendar and change where the audio files are stored. Is this possible? Can it be done with Forge or some other HTML editor? I would like to store the audio files on an SD card and free up the 4.5 GB that the audio files take up on my C drive....

Thanks!
Whoop! Nevermind. I think I figured out how to do it in the SS editor. Thanks anyway!

That's good. Use the code editor and make a global change from c:\jvma to the new location.

The JVMA module is a really great tool, Bill! I like to use the second one that you posted and take notes. So easy! Listening to any of the reports on current events is very unsettling, but JVM's commentary brings our Lord front and center where He belongs, and that puts things back into perspective. This module is much more than just 'nice to have' as part of my library - it puts Dr. McGee's audio commentary at my fingertips, and that helps my heart. Seriously, thanks, Bill.

Yes, thanks to this post I had no problems too. Thanks for the problem sovling.

I can edit (SS editor) as above, all good, my question can you get it to open in SS audio player as (Alexander Scourby my only Bible audio probably because of my AGE...), in my case it uses default windows palyer, VLC. Which is fine just unsure if I am on same page as you all? Also is there a way to open pdf inside SS editor again my default pdf is MS Edge. So I have 3 windows open 1.) SS Bible Program 2.) JVM pdf's 3.) JVMA in VLC. Is this normal or is there other options? I use 3 monitors so my setup is ok with me but if there is a way to get it to open into SS the pdf's well that would be kewl. Thank you.

"can you get it to open in SS audio player" - no
"is there a way to open pdf inside SS editor" no
I use VLC but I use a custom skin so it doesn't take up much space - CompactBlack.vlt - It looks like this on the top of the screen. It takes up only one line. You have to go to TOOLS/PREFERENCES to change the skin.

1644878923690.png

You can find it here if interested: https://www.videolan.org › vlc › skins2 › CompactBlack.vlt

You still need 3 apps open.

Thanks.

I am also having trouble with this. I looked in the zip file and there are no MP3 files. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

I am also having trouble with this. I looked in the zip file and there are no MP3 files. Do you have any idea what the problem is?
You have to download the mp3 files from TTB.org and put them in a folder named jvma on your c: drive. You can find the mp3 files on the Resources page. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
You have to download the mp3 files from TTB.org and put them in a folder named jvma on your c: drive. You can find the mp3 files on the Resources page. Hope this helps.
This is "THE" perfect and "ONLY" way to do it indeed ! ! ! !
Amen.

I downloaded the genesis file and put it in my jvma directory which is in my Documents/SwordSearcher directory. I can play the files individually but not through SS. Any ideas?

I downloaded the genesis file and put it in my jvma directory which is in my Documents/SwordSearcher directory. I can play the files individually but not through SS. Any ideas?
Yes, the files need to be in C:\jvma\ not C:\Documents\SwordSearcher\jvma.

Folder c:\jvma location can be edited in SwordSearcher editor.
Takes a little knowledge but not so bad to do.
My Location: C:\Users\owass\OneDrive\Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules\JVMA.ss5book

Last edited:

Thanks!
Could you share that with me sir? Thought I remembered what and how, but not yet.

To change the file location for the audio files in the calendar page, open the calendar page in the SwordSearcher Editor, choose the Code tab at the bottom of the Editor window, press Ctrl+H to open the Replace dialog, type c:\jvma in the Text to find box, then type the file location of your choice in the Replace with box. A little (Confirm) dialog box will open that says Replace this occurrence? and you have the options Yes No All or Cancel. Choose All and then save and close the Editor. Hope that helps.

Back