Hello Peter,Thank you all for the help, but alas... I cannot get SS to work under WINE.
I'm sure you have this issue resolved, but I figured this may help some others.
I'm only running SS 6.0.1, but assume it will work for newer versions. I just ordered the latest version and once I have it I will install it on a clean version of Ubuntu since that is what everyone seems to be running these days.
These instructions should work for any version of Linux.
1) Install wine and winetricks (latest versions)
2) Install xfonts-efont-unicode & xfonts-efont-unicode-ib
3) Once those are installed from a command prompt or the run command ("Search" in Ubuntu) type in "winetricks ie7" without the "". (I have not tried any newer versions of ie)
4) Follow the prompts for ie and when it asks you to reboot answer in the affirmative. Your machine will not reboot, you are done with that.
5) Insert the SwordSearcher cd or whatever media you have and open it in a folder window. Right click on the executable for installing SS and chose to open with wine or type in wine if that is your only option.
6) Follow the SS prompts and you are all set.
My advice would be to first follow these steps using the files listed, see if it works then make any modifications you like. I checked all the file names for these instructions and they are correct, I can't vouch for anything else. None of these files are unique to any one flavor of Linux.