Logos 8 v. SwordSearcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense. Pretty much what I try to do most of the time.
Finally got my SwordSearcher DVD today. Installed the Books and commentaries.
Now I'm set to do some serious bible studying....

mark
Indeeeeeed you are...
Prepare to be amazed....
Once everything is installed, if you search some topic, ALL TABS "in use" will light up like a christmas tree....
Try it out with one word, ... and follow the "Open Tabs"..... AMAZING what SS8 can do for you.
Make sure you have a pot of coffee ready though ! ! !
Be Blessed.

See https://www.swordsearcher.com/audio-bible.html and the help file here: https://www.swordsearcher.com/helpfiles/current/index.html?bible_audio_support.html

Audio is implemented under File/Configure audio Bibles. It's a great feature. There is probably a video tutorial available.
That feature (Audio/Bible), was the "BEST" feature after the creation of SwordSearcher.
I use it everyday While I am studying, or just enjoying the WORD of GOD, Allllllllllll the time.

Cannot disagree with you on that. I have already decided to take some of my favorite WORDSearch
books and convert, copy, etc.... them into SwordSearcher. I like the Search features much better than
WORDSearch. That said, I have been a User of QuickVerse and WORDSearch for nearly 20 yrs. Started
out with QuickVerse when it was version 1.0 on Floppy Disks. When they started to get their act together,
they got purchased by Findex and things went downhill from there. Things improved significantly when
WORDSearch bought out Findex, but their ability to create UserBooks was always lacking. By the time I
built my library to about 3,000 books (Version 12) they got bought out by Faithlife(LOGOS) Now, must
admit that WORDSearch and LOGOS have (or had) a prettier "uncluttered" and/or streamlined initerface,
but I have been more impressed by the Search engine that is in SwordSearcher.

Soon as WORDSearch (Version 12) got bought out last month by FaithLife(LOGOS) I got Version 8.0 as a
free upgrade from LOGOS. Then what happened? Before I could say "GOD IS GREAT!" they came out with
Version 9.0 and offered an upgrade that would cost me an arm and a leg and the life of my first born son.
The minimum upgrade (LOGOS BASIC is over $250). The features I'd love to have nearly $800. Some deals
are well over $1,000. Like the man said "Nice, but no Cigar." I say, "No Way Jose!" Needless to say, SwordSearcher
started looking better and better. Especially the "PRICE in Dollars," and the "SMOOTH" and "POWERFUL"
Search Engine.

Gradually, as I get time, I will Copy and Paste some of my favorites in WORDSearch and LOGOS into SwordSearcher.
Then and only then, I will have the best of both worlds. To me, the only major thing I would like to see in SwordSearcher
is a "STRONG" Sermon Builder, kinda like the Sermon Builder in LOGOS 9. However, I am not willing to fork out over
$500 just to get that feature in an "over priced" package.

I am sitting here impatiently waiting the delivery of my SWORDSEARCHER 8.4 DVD by Amazon. Got $50 in Gift Cards
for AMAZON. Couldn't think of a better thing to spend it on right now, then SWORDSEARCHER! Just hope and pray
that Brandon will continue to create, upgrade and refine his program for at least the next 25 years. By then I will be in
a nursing home and probably won't care. But for now, let me say that WORDSearch and LOGOS look good on the outside
and do have some outstanding features. But just like in cars, it's what's under the hood that matters. For what I need to
do with Bible Studies and Sermon preparations, SwordSearcher has more horsepower when it comes to fast, easy and
efficient searches fo God's Inspired Word.

Mark Johns
Just wanted to agree about the WordSearch to LOGOS bait and switch game. Our ministry has a Distance Learning Bible College that suspended recruiting new students when WordSearch sold out to LOGOS because we provided new students with the Basic WordSearch (last one was v.12) included with registration - - that blew out the lights as we used many included resources as text/reference books. Was so elated when revisiting SwordSearcher (had not for some years - like since 2006). It looks like we will be able to again offer affordable tuition with books included as we have done since our beginning! Yay God is all I can say. This is an awesome program.

Well, almost finished with Hodge's Systematic Theology. Hope to post it either tonite or Wednesday morning. Logos just sent me another 25 free books. This weekend will check and see which ones are Public Domain. Might be something there I can use to create something for SwordSearcher. The one thing I dont get about Logos is they send me all those free books, but when WordSearch migrated to Logos, they gave me about 2,000 free books. Unfortunately, many of them are in Latin and if not in Latin they are something I dont need, like the works of Chaucer or Shakespeare. Thats what I love about SwordSearcher. I get what I need or can put to use. Praise the Lord for SwordSearcher!!! My prayer is Brandon can keep it going for many years to come.

Mark
We had over 1k books in our library, WordSearch was kind enough to agree to our members/students accessing the online library. Logos, not on my life! I don't know how many of the library consisted of PD but need to go through and determine. Looking for a basic introduction to theology to replace Exploring Theology (not PD) that we had through WordSearch. If you come across a good, single volume, fairly simple introduction to theology book please let me know. Bible Doctrines, Beliefs That Matter is good, but more advanced than looking for. Great Doctrines, we already use in our advance degree studies (course is a whopper). Well, thanks for your kindness. Let me know if you know of or come across one. Thanks.

This thread has really drifted from its original topic, so I am going to close it. It's probably also a good idea to take discussions about personal meetups to private communications.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back