Module icon

User-submitted Bonnell's Dictionary of Three Word Phrases 1.3
Every Bible word with 3 word phrases, 1st and last occ, and links to search

No permission to download

wsbones

Beta Tester
wsbones submitted a new resource:

Bonnell's Dictionary of Three Word Phrases - Every Bible word with 3 word phrases, 1st and last occ, and links to search

A dictionary of three word phrases made by taking each word in the Bible (789,655) along with the next two words to make a phrase and then:
  • Search the Bible for the phrase
  • Count the occurrences
  • Keep those phrases with multiple occurrences
  • Categorize each phrase under every word in the phrase
  • Activate each phrase to automatically search the Bible
Of all the resulting phrases, 86,317 occur more than once. Each phrase is listed under every word in the phrase making...

Read more about this resource...

A very unique resource, thanks Bill!

I set my preferences-sync options to open this dictionary by default when double clicking a word in the Bible or verse-list. I use this more than any other resource.

I can see how useful this could be. I just installed it and set the sync for double clicking a word as you did. I then tried to test BD3 with "justification". I can't see any three-word phrases listed for "justification", although for "justify" and other words the phrases are listed. Does that just mean that there are no repetitive 3-word phrases including "justification"? Or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• ScrnCapture-WIN 2013-05-12 at 06hr28min21sec.jpg
    ScrnCapture-WIN 2013-05-12 at 06hr28min21sec.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 377
  • ScrnCapture-WIN 2013-05-12 at 06hr28min54sec.jpg
    ScrnCapture-WIN 2013-05-12 at 06hr28min54sec.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 487
I can see how useful this could be. I just installed it and set the sync for double clicking a word as you did. I then tried to test BD3 with "justification". I can't see any three-word phrases listed for "justification", although for "justify" and other words the phrases are listed. Does that just mean that there are no repetitive 3-word phrases including "justification"? Or am I doing something wrong?

I think Bill's module only includes phrases that appear more than once. None of the three-word phrases with justification appear more than once; in fact these are the only verses that have the word:

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

thanks Bill.

I just installed it and set the sync for double clicking a word as you did.

This works really great for English, and I have used it and been helped by it. However, I think that when using the KJVSL in the past, a double click took me straight to the Strong's Greek or Hebrew dictionary. Now it takes me to the Dictionary of Three Word Phrases. So I think I need to change back. But … when I just tried to do that in the Sync Options, I see I can choose either the SGreek or SHebrew dictionaries, but not both. Wasn't there some way for SS to automatically choose the Greek or Hebrew depending on whether I'm clicking on an original word in the NT or OT? I guess I've missed something here. Could someone remind me?

My general sense is that it'd be great if the syncing could somehow be language sensitive, since I really like the Dictionary of Three Word Phrases for English.

OK, I see now: if I choose "Only selects the word," then the hyperlinks within KJVSL take you to the SGreek and SHebrew dictionaries. That must be the way I used to have it. Mystery solved! :)

OK, I see now: if I choose "Only selects the word," then the hyperlinks within KJVSL take you to the SGreek and SHebrew dictionaries. That must be the way I used to have it. Mystery solved! :)

If you single-click the hyperlinks, they will take you to the definitions. You can still use the sync option for double-clicks (for some other option if your choice) if you want.

If you single-click the hyperlinks, they will take you to the definitions. You can still use the sync option for double-clicks (for some other option if your choice) if you want.
Oh! I guess I never single-click anything. Nothing like wasting half of your options, huh? :) I'll try to learn.

wsbones updated Bonnell's Dictionary of Three Word Phrases with a new update entry:

Webster's 1913 Dictionary for all Bible Words with added features

Fixed broken link to the module

Also, updated some maps and other features including 3 word phrases, first and last occurence, word tree for the word, etc.

I use this module as my default action when double clicking on a word.

Nearly every Bible word has a definition from Webster's 1913 Unabridged Dictionary. Many Bible locations have a locator map. Bible personalities have a link to the Hitchcock Bible Names Dictionary .

Read the rest of this update entry...

I currently have Bonnell's Dictionary of Three Word Phrases but the associated file and assets folder are named BD3.ss5book and BD3-Assets. If I install this "updated" version won't I end up with the same module listed twice in the "Select Library Module" window? Since this one has a different name isn't it really a replacement requiring one to delete the old version if they want to use this new version?

This version has some updates. You could install this one and then delete the other one. It will create a new folder and module. The main reason I updated was to fix the broken download link in the forum modules tab.

I renamed the module so it would sort to the the top left in the book and dictionary pane.

Back